Friday, May 04, 2007

May Update

May. Much has happened since I last wrote. I think the key to these blogs are short, fast entries that are frequent instead of every two months small paperback size entries. It’s tempting to try to catch up on the last few months with a War and Peace size novel (which I was told I will never read after I purchased it, could be true) but I will summarize the best I can.

So highlights: The biggest with no close seconds is the birth of our second daughter, Bethany Grace. She could have been born in a taxi but God was so gracious and allowed Katie to go into labor in the middle of the night so the 45 minutes labor would end in a hospital. Taxi ride during traffic to hospital – 45 minutes. Taxi ride in the middle of the night with empty highway – 25 minutes. It was, however, a long 25 minutes. Beth was born about a month early but she is growing as she should, putting on the baby chub and a very happy baby. She seems much quieter than Anna was at this age which at this point with Anna being a wild 18 month old climbing on anything she can, we are thankful. Curly hair is not in my family yet Anna has lots of it. Her hair curls and waves wherever it wants to no matter how much we try to restrain it with bows and ties and I think it is a forecast of her personality. She walks around the same way at the park, walking and exploring wherever she wants to no matter how much we try to restrain her. Hmmm. I will have to keep an eye on that hair.

Officially I am not supposed to give specific accounts of ministry life here in Asia online but I will say that we have made lots of friends and are encouraged by the community taking shape. Many have heard the good news and many believe.

Living here has taught me so much. With the overindulgence of life in a Christian subculture in the states it has been a great environment to live out life as a disciple of Jesus in ‘distilled’ form. It has served to reveal more clearly what God values as declared in the Bible and what other worldly values we can elevate too high to our own detriment. To expand on that would be another long entry for another day but I will say that how we spend our personal time is often the exact opposite of what we proclaim to be true of the Christian life. I will end with that zinger. Photos on the flickr page are updated far more regularly than this so check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home